Monday, May 7, 2012

I stand alone.
Watching the world spin all around me,
rejoycing in the love of others, yet never experiancing it for myself.
I stand alone.

Yet, I am never alone,
You are here with me always,
I am not alone.

Forgive me when I want something that you have not meant for me to have,
You have ordained each moment of my life,
You have counted each second and You are in control of them.
You have created a good life for me, every moment is for my good.

And yet I sit here, reveling in my own selfishness.
Blind to all that You have ordained.
Blind to what you have planned.
Blind to what is for my own good,
I sit here alone,
But I am never alone.

You call my name, but I don't answer.
You shower your blessings upon me until my cup overflows,
but alone I still sit, thinking about the one thing that You have not given me.

"It is not the time, Bethany."
"Be patient, and trust me."
"Open your eyes and see what I have given you now."
"It is good"

I am so foolish Lord,
My heart is so blind and selfish.
Thank you for opening my eyes,
Open my heart to know that You are all I need.
You are more than enough for me.
Lord, help me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment