Sunday, May 13, 2012

I miss home.



There was a place I could go,
where I could walk out,
and I know
that this was my home.

Where smiles surrounded me like air,
and love flew up from everywhere,
And freely I laughed, as I know
that this was my home. 

But then I went down the road,
and around the bend,
and when I looked back,
I couldn't find home again.

So I kept walking down,
down to the next bend,
where the road turned,
and so I went
till I reached another home.

And I was happy there, and sat for a spell
until the shadows came back and I grew unwell
with the wraiths of a smile, and complicated air,
and with feelings of love, that weren't really there.
And with a start, I realized
This was not my home.

So I tried to run back as fast as I can,
but the shadows followed me close as I ran,
and took me across to another land,
far away from my home.

And so I grew up, under the moon,
with the shadows to guard me there, and soon
like memories of a sunny day,
my memories of home began to fade,
and I forgot my home.

But now and again I shed a tear,
and remember that I am here,
far away from what once was known
far away from my home.

Someday I hope I might return again,
I'll walk around and around the bend
Till I reach my happy home,
Greeted with the smiles I once have known,
and maybe then I'll be content
For I have found my home again.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment