Sunday, April 8, 2012

Little dream

Sometimes, I close my eyes and see what is not there. Or what is not here. A story comes into my head, and I follow it, and wind around where it takes me. I think its called daydreaming, except I don't usually do it in the day, and I control where it goes, or at least some of where it goes. I always land in the middle of something, and the story goes from there, although I haven't a clue as to HOW I got there, but my subconscious seems to know where I am, so I trust and follow. Today I had one, and I will try and but into words what my strange mind visualizes.

So, I am on a rock overlooking the ocean. And I am happy, not because of where I am, but because of who I am, and who I am with. I am leaning against the shoulder of a guy, and he is playing the guitar. And he is rather good at the guitar, and I am rather content to just sit there and listen to him play. And I am rather content to rest there on his shoulder and look as the sun glows orange and the stars peek out, and the waves crash against the rocks. And I am rather content in general. My heart has a fuzzy warm glow to it, that resembles the glow of the fading sun, and bubbles over until I can't help but smile. I reach for his hand, and our fingers entwine and I sigh and pat his hand. He laughs then says, "You do realize that I need 2 hands to play the guitar, don't you?" I tell him that real guitarists don't need to use hands to play the guitar. And he laughs. I am a witty person. Then I decide that I shall appeal to my true lady-like self, and complain of feeling faint. He raises an eye-brow, and I tell him that I am about to keel over and die, so I maneuver myself so that I exert even less energy than the very little energy I was exerting, and am conveniently positioned in his lap. He smiles and begins to play with my hair. We sit there, in warmth and in comfort, while the waves break below us, and the stars come out above us. And I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment