Monday, August 27, 2012

Looking for you.

Looking for you is like looking for one grain of sand,
it is like climbing a mountain that never ends,
looking for you is hopeless.

Its like you are the lighthouse whose light is to dim to follow,
and I'm the boat about to be dashed into the rocks,
if you could just reach out a little farther,
if you could just shine a little bit brighter,
than I could reach you,
but no.
Following you is hopeless.

It's like you are a butterfly flitting right above my reach, 
shadows dancing before me, taunting me.
Showing me what might have been.
What could have been.
Reaching out to you is hopeless.

Hopeless, hopeless, yet my heart is full of hope,
and hope says I will climb the mountain and reach the top,
hope says that you are this way, that I must continue,
hope says that you are within my grasp.

Hope speaks about our lives, and shows us the future,
and in the future there is no hopelessness.
There is only you.
And me.
Hope says that you will be happy to see me,
that you will take my hand and tell me how glad you are that I never gave up.
That I never stopped hoping.

I don't like hanging on by a thread of hope,
but sometimes that thread of hope is connected to something far better than anything we could settle for.
Sometimes its worth it holding on to hope,
even if the chances are slim, more slim than any thread.
I will hang on, and in my heart,
I will hope.
for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment